Tooling for the CS-1 Gyratory Sifter
Below you will find a list of common problems customers have with the CS-1 sifter. Please contact us if your current issue is not listed.
Sifter Parts & Service, Inc. stocks a full line of tools designed specifically for the CS-1 sifter. These heavy-duty tools are designed to last and speed up maintenance time. Having the right tools will help ensure that maintenance is done correctly. Tools available are: (A) Shim Tool, Knuckle & Bushing tools: (B1) bushing extractor rod (B2) bushing insertion rod & (B3) knuckle base, (C) Bearing adaptor tool & (D)Upper bearing remover.
Bearing Adapter Grip: T27
- Attach the grip to a air gun or a heavy duty socket wrench.
- Secure the Upper Spindle (B21-U) to prevent the wheel from spinning.
- Thread the collar onto the shaft of the upper spindle. Tighten until hand tight, then press up on the collar using a drift pin or flat head screw driver until the collar will tighten further.
- Attach the grip to the collar of the bearing adapter (B27-A).
- Tighten the adapter collar clockwise until tight. The upper spindle should lock in place or be hard to rotate.
- Inspect the wheel for the best match to the locking ring located under the collar.
- Note: the adapter may need to be tightened or loosened to fit properly.
- Press the locking ring tooth into the grove of the collar using a drift pin.
- Unlock the upper wheel by hitting the upper spindle with a 4×4 two or three times. After hitting the spindle it should spin freely.
- Remove the locking ring tooth from the collar of the bearing adapter.
- Attach the grip to an air gun or a heavy duty socket wrench.
- Turn the grip counter clockwise to remove the collar.
Note: the collar should not be removed all the way. It is used to loosen the adapter (B27-A) from the lower bearing (B26-L).
Bushing Tools: T44
Installing new bushing:
- Place knuckle assembly (#42) on the receiver base.
- Lubricate the outside of the bushing (#44) to be installed.
- Put the bushing over the hole in the knuckle casting and place the bushing insertion tool on top of the bushing (#44)
- Press into position.
Removing old bushing:
- Place knuckle assembly (#42) on top of the receiver base.
- Receiver base must be placed on a solid surface high enough for the bushing (#44) to drop completely out of the casting.
- Insert extraction rod over center of bushing (#44).
- Press the extraction rod thru the knuckle casting.
Gasket Press: T28
- Prep deck for new gasketing.
- Apply glue to the bottom of the gasket.
- Use press to insert the gasket into position. Roll the press back and forth to ensure a proper fit.
- Remove any glue that may attach to the press.
Shim Tool: T48